If you are looking for curriculum ideas with a focus on Timor Leste browse through the following resources that have been supplied from some of our partner schools – Christian College, Clonard College, Geelong College, Sacred Heart and St Ignatius College and St Joseph’s College.
- A 25 page booklet on the many aspects of life in East Timor through time up to and including 2003. Download.
- A list of videos and books for use by students of various age groups. Download.
- Letter Writing – suitable for both primary and secondary students. Download.
- A seven lesson unit suitable for Year 8 students. Download.
- A short sequence of lessons for Yr 8 with a Social Justice focus. Download.
- A Year 9 Unit with various documents that can be downloaded separately: overview and sequence, timeline, country profile, SWOT, Research Project, Sample Test, Timor Map and KWL Chart.
- A link to a video for middle to senior secondary students – With a little help from my friends – with teacher notes and possible activities. Download.
- A link to Tortured Triangle a video that uses rarely seen archival footage from a variety of sources to show the changing relationships between Indonesia, Timor Leste and Australia over a 30-year period. Download.
- A link to Our School narrated by Kirsty Sword Gusmao. It includes teacher notes. Download.
- A Year 10 Unit with overview and related documents. Download them separately: Yr 10 Overview of Lessons Yr 10 RE Overview of Unit 290708 Yr 10 Studnet Worksheets Yr 10 Unit Goals and Assesment Requirements.